The Heroes of Arcandor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Act One : Beginnings and Endings

+2
WaffleCopter
volvalgia
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Act One : Beginnings and Endings - Page 2 Empty Re: Act One : Beginnings and Endings

Post  WaffleCopter Thu May 12, 2011 3:37 pm

"what law did i break i had only just entered this village when a hooded figure drew a knife to my throat" Cinderblast gestured to the chain mail that encased his billowing form inside were his throat should be
WaffleCopter
WaffleCopter

Back to top Go down

Act One : Beginnings and Endings - Page 2 Empty Re: Act One : Beginnings and Endings

Post  volvalgia Thu May 12, 2011 3:40 pm

"Disturbance of the peace. Incitement to violence, not to mention collateral property damage," he frowned, gesturing to the singed wall.

He did not like this one's attitude very much.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WaffleCopter Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

"what would happen to me if i be prosecuted " asked Cinderblast.
WaffleCopter
WaffleCopter

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 am

"That depends on the court's decision, of course. Now, come along," he said gruffly.

This was starting to tire him.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Fri May 13, 2011 11:20 am

Meanwhile, the Wanderer lurked in another street, watching for another person.

He will be here... eventually....

The one known as Bane....
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s perfect Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 am

Bane emerged form the crypt he had used as shelter for the night and thought whatever awoke me from my sleep shall fell pain and serve me for eternity I am running low on corpses and haven't used my sword for what seemed like an eternity

"I smell death in the air tonight"
no1s perfect
no1s perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 am

Avalanche regained conscious. A sudden vision had struck him just as he was about to attack. It was a vision of his final moments when he was still alive.
*sounds of thousands of men on horseback*
You shall not pass!!!!
*Power charges up*
UGWAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
*Big Explosion*

The two combatants had disappeared. Surrounding him now was fifty guardsmen, weapons raised. Evening Frost was still spinning in his right hand but now it was spinning faster. The sheer freezing temperatures of the enchanted flail were causing the moisture in the air to turn to snow. A sudden gush of icy wind blew past the guards, blinding them for a split second. When they were finally able to regain their sight, the Wandering Phoenix was coved with a layer of snow, and Avalanche…was gone…
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Fri May 13, 2011 11:42 am

The captain of the Watch gave a start as the figure in white armor raised his flail and began spinning it .... then the explosion of frost threw him backwards, and he heard the cries of surprise from his men.

One of them ran over to him, still on the ground.

"Sir... they got away!"

Struggling to his feet, he growled, "I am aware of that. Alert the watch. Do not let them get away from this town. If anyone sees them, it is a apprehend on sight order - and put 5000 gold on their heads, dead or alive."

When the man hesitated, he turned to him.

"That is an order."

"Yes sir." And with that, he scurried away, along with the rest of the guard.

Only the captain remained.

"They are dead... if they think they can make a fool of Deimos Polemistis."
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 am

Avalanche had propelled himself 50 feet upwards and landed later in the street five blocks away. Avalanche did not like questions. Nor did he like the people asking him questions. HE was the one who liked getting answers but nobody seemed to have ANSWERS these days. Although the little man in the cloak seemed very peculiar. He has quite a bit of mystery behind that smile and the coat. Avalanched liked mysteries, as they give him something to think about. Most of the assignments that he was hired to do were mostly about assassination, brawling or theft. None of these things allowed him to use his mind. Sure the assignments required tactics and removing all traces of his presence but the tasks usually were quite dull. “I'll find that man” the thought. “I'll find him and hopefully he can give me some answers about my reincarnation.”
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Fri May 13, 2011 11:54 am

Avalanche smelt something that stank of corpses and rotting flesh. The smell was coming from the ground where he was before. Cloaking himself with an field of condensation which turned him invisible to the naked eye, he headed back towards the battleground and realizing that no guards were there, he removed the cloak and found a pale man in black… an ominous air of dark magic surrounding him.

Avalanche did not wish to meet the necromancer as he seemed very cautious about the snow so he dashed across the rooftops, skimming the land for the cloaked one while avoiding the sight of the guards.
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Fri May 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Avalanche retreated back into his “hideout”. Well it was not really a hideout it was a secret underground chamber underneath a small unpopular tavern called the Breeze of Noon that he bought with some of his earnings a while back. His mercenary days were over of course, after the "fight" he may have injured a guard or two with his "distraction". “At least I have about 15000 dollars in my savings left” he thought. “And if nobody tells the watch about this hideout I'll be fine for about a month or so”.

He didn't really need food or drink as he was already dead and now with the bounty on his head, he's not going to be THAT out and about. He would stay in his hideout for a 2 more nights. Then he would head back to the Wandering Phoenix to find the man in the cloak. But the thing that really interested him was that the man in the cloak mentioned A.R. He glanced at the armor around this left wrist.

A.R
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 1:50 am

Suddenly, as if hearing his thoughts, the familiar cloaked figure stood in front of him.

"Well met, Avalanche of Sardonis."

The cryptic smile was on his face again.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 am

"I hear you know about A.R" says Avalanche, not shocked by the sudden appearance of the cloaked figure "but first, what is YOUR NAME?"
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 4:21 am

"My name?"

"They call me the Wanderer. I walk the Earth."

"Perhaps that is where I found out about A.R., no?"

The smile broadened.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Sat May 14, 2011 6:42 am

"Ah, yes...The Wanderer...or better known as Nohlit Greenwood of the Wood elf tribe in the Great Forest. The one who was brought and tried under the law of Bloodtrust after orcs destroyed his village and then he was found responsible of the destruction of his clan and village correct?" Replied Avalanche. "As a mercenary, I make a file on anybody who I expect to meet or even battle in the future, you use Shadow Nature Magic and hold an extreme grudge against orcs correct?"
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 7:30 am

The smile momentarily slipped from his face, but then he regained his composure.

"It seems that you do know a lot about me...."

"But you do not know everything."

"There are others like you.... One of them is the one known as Cinderblast. Go to him... and show him your hand."

"Adieu."

With that, he disappeared once more.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Cinderblast... the name seemed familiar...Avalanche went to a chest of drawers beside his seat and sifted through the papers..."c...ci..cin...cind...cinde...cinder..."
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s perfect Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 am

As Bane reached the city he could tell something big had happened there was snow all over the place. snow in the middle of summer odd? then thought probably some idiotic mage Bane didn't want any stupid mage to sense that a powerful spell caster had entered the city and quickly cast a spell to stop anyone from sensing his vast magical power and walked toward the town graveyard in search of a corpse
no1s perfect
no1s perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Sat May 14, 2011 11:50 am

"Aha...Cinderblast of Fallgate. Killed mysteriously...souls speaking to him...*reads on*" Avalanche began to read the files that he collected about the one named Cinderblast, hoping to get some clues about his location...
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Suddenly, there was a rustle behind Avalanche - and the Captain of the Watch stood before him. A light was in his eyes - a dangerous, fell light.

"You have perverted justice."

"By all rights you should be in custody now - so I give you a choice. Either come with me quietly...."

" Or in chains."
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 2:04 pm

A figure came up behind Bane.

"Skincrawler. I have need of your services."
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s perfect Sat May 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Bane spun round to see a stranger how did someone know my name I have never seen this person before

"how do you know my name stranger"

as he spoke he began to prepare for a fight hand on blade he waited for an answer

Last edited by no1s perfect on Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
no1s perfect
no1s perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm

He smiled.

"Let's just say..."

"Your reputation proceeds you."

He continued to speak.

"At this moment, the Captain of the Town Watch is.... hassling one of my allies in a room of the tavern known as the Breeze of Noon."

"I would like you to... assist him."

"There will be a substantial reward for your services. But I must warn you.... Do not underestimate him. He may seem benign... but...."

And with that, he disappeared.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s perfect Sat May 14, 2011 2:19 pm

my reputation proceeds me? Bane did everything to stop being noticed but a large reward was tempting he had wanted to buy some more powerful gems

"if you are still listening I accept"

he created a ghostly mist around him and summoned some of his skeleton lords from the crypt to his side with that he staked towards the tavern
no1s perfect
no1s perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat May 14, 2011 2:24 pm

The Wanderer watched from the shadows.

"Good. It seems that this hitch in my plans will be resolved... I only hope Polemistis can be held off for a while..."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Captain of the Watch turned around at the sound of footsteps. He was not very surprised to see a pale, cloaked man and two Skeleton Warriors with him.

"An ally? You will not take him."
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum