The Heroes of Arcandor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Act One : Beginnings and Endings

+2
WaffleCopter
volvalgia
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Act One : Beginnings and Endings - Page 5 Empty Re: Act One : Beginnings and Endings

Post  volvalgia Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm

"Many thanks, Nordalyle."

"As for your question... I am the Wanderer. I know many things."

Taking a map from the pack on his back, he spread it out.

"This is Wildefort," he said, placing his finger on a black dot. We will have to leave soon, as the alarm has been raised. Along here-" he indicated a red line, "Is the Adventurer's Path , leading to the Mountains."

"We will not be taking that path. Too easy to spot. Instead, we will be going across the Northern Desert, and from there to the Twin Peaks."

"It will be slightly longer, but I am certain that we will make it in two weeks - bar any interference."

"Now, I have arranged a trading caravan to be at the spot marked on the map, next to an oasis to the north. The owner will supply you with the supplies needed for the journey. Make haste."

He straightened up, giving the map to Avalanche. "As for me, I will meet you there. I have other matters to attend to. Avalanche will be your leader ; he has the most experience out of the four of you. For now, post haste, and to the caravan - But I must warn you, there are guards on active duty on the walls of the town. Do not let them see you..... "

"May Vanyatar guide you."

He disappeared in a swirl of shadow.

The path that the Wanderer had marked out stretched out of Wildefort, taking a winding path to the north-east for several days journey, and ended at an oasis after turning west somewhat, in a couple of miles.

Hopefully, all would go well.

Last edited by volvalgia on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Act One : Beginnings and Endings - Page 5 Empty Re: Act One : Beginnings and Endings

Post  Christopher Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

" you haven't answered my questions....." Christopher quickly blurted out as the wanderer jump away
Christopher
Christopher

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s eternal Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Erasmus was praying to Rismak (god of weather and water) as he noticed a group of people heading toward the desert I should see if they need help. The desert is a harsh place if not prepared with that Eramus walked towards the travelers
no1s eternal
no1s eternal

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s perfect Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 pm

"I accept this quest Wander and the sword is much appreciated'

"Avalanche i would find it quite helpful if I could have an hour to prepare but I think we have company "

Glancing in the corner of Banes eye he spotted a figure in robes he scened where very powerfully warded (like so much it would take 4 days to un ward)
no1s perfect
no1s perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  Christopher Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:14 am

Christopher looked at all of the adventures, trying to put names to faces. It did not take long their names almost suited them, Avalanche was the frost incarnate who would be leading the journey, Cinderblast was the ashy cloud and Bane was the cloaked Necromancer, but what puzzled him was the strange robed figure approaching his comrades seemed to be just as puzzled, Bane especially seemed unnerved and while looking at Him then the stranger there were a few similarities in clothing and basic look. For now Christopher would stay back, but if this stranger brought trouble he would find an axe across his neck. But for now he would stay back...
Christopher
Christopher

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s eternal Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:04 pm

(miss click)
no1s eternal
no1s eternal

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Upon the roof of a nearby shop, a being in grey scale mail watched the adventurers, his yellow eyes glinting with interest.

His fist clenched in anticipation. “They have come…. It is only a matter of time now.”

He reached out, touching the mind of the one known as Avalanche for a brief moment –

“You would do best to hurry. The Wanderer knows what he is talking about.”

Then a bolt of lightning struck the ground in front of them.

And as he turned away and bounded along the rooftops, unseen and unnoticed, the letters A.R shone in the sunlight, a silver mark on his neck.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Avalanche stood up, as though he were struck by lightning (newtype sense lol)

We should hurry, I know a secret path

tossing away a barrel on the side of the road he revealed a hidden trapdoor

this path leads to the outer walls of the city, we should hurry
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  Christopher Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 pm

"Well lead Avalanche" Christopher jumped down the hole to find a poorly lit dirt tunnel which would surely collapse if it wasn't for the wooden supports almost randomly placed along the path. Christopher didn't know his new group very well, but he trusted Avalanche, as the wanderer had said he had the most experience, and for that he trusted him, but christopher also sensed he was on a mission just like him more then the others.
Christopher
Christopher

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 am

On the other side of Wildefort, the Wanderer lithely jumped off the wall and began running.

He had work to do.

It was now late evening, and the guards would soon be coming in again to inspect the town. If the party were to leave, he hoped they would soon, before it was too late.

If they were noticed, all was lost.
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WaffleCopter Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 am

Cinderblast looked at the newcomer. He seemed strange the thought to himself. The spirits in his head began to murmer but what they said was illegible to Cinderblast. Instead of trying to decypher their words instead he jumped down into the passage after the one called Nordalyle.
WaffleCopter
WaffleCopter

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s perfect Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 am

it seems that we have a new member this could get interesting Bane quickly left down the trap hole leaving the newcomer by himself
no1s perfect
no1s perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  no1s eternal Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 am

after a small while of consideration Erasmus decided to join the adventures and made his way down the hole
no1s eternal
no1s eternal

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 am

the top magically closed

I'll lead
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 am

The lamps flared.

The passage was suddenly barred by two massive suits of gleaming silver armour, the symbol A.R. engraved on their chests in flowing black script. In their hands were massive halberds, gleaming sharp.

They hefted their weapons in tandem, and spoke as one.

"Our Lord does not wish you to proceed."

"The Drakonstele is his and his alone. So turn back - or die."
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WaffleCopter Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 am

Cinderblast was shocked by the silver suits of armor's appearance. 'A.R.' 'Our Lord?' cinderblast had many questiosn in his mind. "Who is your lord? and what is this symbol" Cinderblast said towards the silver beings as he raised his hand clenching it in a fist so that the symbol etched into his glove gleamed red in the light of the torches. the spirits began to chant in his head again "a r a r a r a r A r A r A R A R A R A R AAA RRR!!"
WaffleCopter
WaffleCopter

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 am

Thought you two might be down here...after all, A.R uses his servants well...

Avalanche withdrew his flail

ah yes, flails are quite useless in compact spaces but this flail is not actually my true weapon

The flail began to glow

This is quite unstable but I have managed to control it in the past, after all, this weapon is not complete.
AWAKEN...ARONDIGHT

The flail morphed into a two metre long sword that pierced the first armor

oh yes...I know thats not enought to kill you so lets begin...shall we?

Last edited by EATSEGA on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

The two constructs seemed unfazed by the question.

"He is Lord,", the first one said.

"It is his mark,"the second one added, in perfect timing, almost speaking as one.

"We are his Servants." , they said together.

"And he bids you leave."

Then, Avalanche stabbed at the one on the right -

His blade was parried by the haft of its weapon.

"This one is strong."

With a sweeping motion, it attempted to disarm him with force, even as the one on the left struck at Cinderblast with incredible speed and power.

"We. Are. Stronger."
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 am

MY ARSE NUBCAKES

ARONDIGHT IS NO ORDINARY BLADE

A patch of ice grew along the armor where it landed, spreading across the figure's chest.

THAT SHOULD SPREAD LIKE THE PLAGUE

Last edited by EATSEGA on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  WaffleCopter Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:05 am

"WHAT IS YOUR LORD'S NAME BEINGS"

Cinderblast shouted as the space were his eyes would be burst alight. As Avalanche's sword stabbed the being on the right the fire within Cinderblast stopped.

"NO!!!!!" he yelled.

Cinderblast was knocked almost clean out of his armor and he flew to the back of the passage.
With a great thud he hit the wall.
"If thats how you want it, SO BE IT, i will have fun beating the knowledge out of you" Cinderblast said.
With that he got up and drew out his sword as it burst into flames.
Cinderblast Charged towards the construct with his sword held high above his head
WaffleCopter
WaffleCopter

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am

It regarded Avalanche with a passive gaze.

Then, with a cracking noise, it smashed the ice on its chest with little effort, using one hand, and gripping its halberd once more, swung it towards the ice construct.

] "YOU SHALL FEEL THE WRATH OF OUR MASTER!"

The other one held out a hand in Cinderblast's direction.

"Death is too good for you."

"Now behold - ETERNITY'S SONG."

With an inhuman screech, painful to the ears, a blast of sonic shot out at Cinderblast, powerful enough to crack stone - which it did, causing flecks of dirt to rain from the ceiling.

Last edited by volvalgia on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christopher Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 am

Christopher stood back, patience was going to be his weapon, he took out his bow, turned around and ran to a position he had spotted on the way down the hole, took his position and started to aim, it would take awhile to get the perfect shot, but his friends looked like they could handle the monsters for awhile, although his tipped shot would do a lot of damage on these constructs, but hopefully his friends would have done the rest.
Christopher
Christopher

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:43 am

The Ice was spreading. It was slowly growing all over the silver armored figure’s hand and onto its halberd. Upon impact with Avalanche’s armor, it split in two. The sword morphed back into a flail.

“Fool…Arondight’s ice is no ordinary ice…it will continue to spread until your entire being is covered with ice…sadly this weapon is not complete or else this battle would have been swifter. NOW DIE WEAKLING”

The flail shot out of its sheath and slammed into the already freezing silver armor, which shattered on impact.
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  volvalgia Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 am

The construct snarled as its weapon shattered, and even as its chest crumpled under the force of Avalanche’s blow –

As if on cue, it aimed a powerful backhand blow at his face , even as the one on the left swung its halberd towards Avalanche’s stomach with enough force to shatter stone.

Both of them followed that up with a combined burst of sonic energy at point-blank range. The ground gave way underneath them with an almighty crash –

Even as the tunnel came crashing down on all of them, crumbling to pieces, debris and rubble falling from the ceiling with enough force to crush a man’s body beyond repair.

“You may take our lives…BUT WE WILL TAKE YOUR SOULS!!!!”

volvalgia
volvalgia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EATSEGA Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:03 am

Avalanche leaped to dodge the kick and leaped back to dodge the halberd. About the sonic blast...

SOLIDUS FULGOR!

The sonic blasts deflected off the new ice shield which shattered and hit the walls of the tunnel, which came crashing down upon them.

"Oh shi-"

The tunnel was crashed down upon them and the two constructs disappeared in a cloud of dust.

"THIS IS THE DRILL THAT SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!!!"
EATSEGA
EATSEGA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum